Portsmouth Student Accommodation
IF YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR A ROOM THROUGH PORTSMOUTH UNIVERSITY, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER ONLINE, WE WILL BE IN TOUCH TO GO THROUGH YOUR APPLICATION.
Catherine House is our brand new student residence in Portsmouth – right in the middle of the city centre, so it’s perfect if you want to be within easy reach of everything.
Portsmouth & Southsea railway station is literally next door, Victoria Park (the oldest green space in the city) is just over the road, the Cascades Shopping Centre and Tesco Superstore are each about two minutes’ walk away, and then the main University of Portsmouth campus is a seven-minute walk at the most.
Whenever you do need to venture a bit further out, there are plenty of buses you can hop onto – so don’t worry about that.
Basically, you could not be in a handier location!
Student Life by the Sea
As a seaside city (island, technically!), Portsmouth is an especially pretty place. It’s got the breathtaking coastal views you’d expect, it’s got some stunning old-fashioned architecture (given its shipbuilding heritage), and it’s got some modern, trendy areas too. Perfect for student living, we’d say!
Choose Your Room
At Catherine House you can choose between these two options:
- Private en-suite room within a shared apartment (3, 4, 5 & 6 bed flats)
- Your own studio or 1 bed flat all to yourself
The shared option is great for meeting new friends and making the most of the social opportunities, whereas a studio would be better if you like to get your head down and study in peace. It just depends what you want, really!
What Your Rent Will Cover
Pretty much everything except food and drink. Here’s what exactly:
- All your water, gas and electric
- Your heating (especially handy in the winter, considering you’re by sea!)
- Lightning-quick broadband and Wi-Fi
- TV (which will be in your shared kitchen space if you’re in an apartment)
- Access to the on-site laundry room (super-handy, as you’ll see)
- 24-hour security service
- Fast maintenance if you ever need it
- Postal service
- Common Room with games tables
- Access to the Sky Lounge
So, basically, all you need to worry about is feeding yourself and having a great time in and out of uni. We’re sure you’ll manage.
Check out our student’s guide to Portsmouth as well, while you’re here.