9 Reasons to Study in Cardiff
Choosing where you want to spend the next few years of your life is a big decision. You have to find a university that has the course that you want to study, and it needs to be a place where you actually want to live. If you’re struggling to choose somewhere, let us give you a bit of inspiration with these nine reasons to study in Cardiff.
- The Amazing Choice of Unis That’s right: Cardiff has not one, not two, but three different universities that cover a wide range of topics. Whether you want to study a vocational degree or an academic one, your course will be on offer in one of these amazing institutions. All based in the city centre, you’ll never be too far from the action that the Welsh capital has on offer.
- You Get to Experience City LifeWhether you’re used to living in a big city or not, Cardiff will offer you a completely different experience. There’s a reason why 31,000 students choose to call Cardiff home throughout their studies each year – with loads going on and amazing landmarks around every corner, you will be studying in the heart of all things Welsh.
- You Will Be Close to NatureNot only do you get to experience life in the big city, but you’re also incredibly close to the stunning Welsh countryside, with plenty of camping spots and nature walks for you and your friends to do together – the perfect hangover cure, if you ask us. We recommend the Taft Trail, where you walk from central Cardiff to Castell Coch and into the valleys.
- It’s Great for SportsWhether you like to play sports or you just like to watch sports, Cardiff will be the perfect place for you. Rugby is the national sport, and it’s all part of the Welsh experience to head down to the Millenium Stadium to witness thousands of fans cheering for their teams – you might even see some tears as well!
- World-Class ResearchCardiff University is well renowned for its research centre, with loads of important academic research being carried out here. In fact, it ranks in the top five unis in the UK for its research efforts, and has have been awarded several higher-education awards – you never know, you could end up being the next Einstein.
- One of the Best Students’ Unions in the UKWe all know that one of the best parts of going to uni is heading down to the students’ union with your friends and taking advantage of the cheap drinks. It’s the perfect place to bond and meet new people. But what if your students’ union was one of the top four in the UK? Imagine how good it has to be to make that list. Well, Which? Student survey found that Cardiff made the cut – that SU must have some happy students.
- It’s Cheap! We all know that student life can be a bit hard on the wallet, but when you choose to make Cardiff your home throughout your studies, you’re also choosing to live in the UK’s most affordable city – according to the NatWest Student Living Index. This means that your hard-earned cash can be spent on the things that you love rather than the things that you need.
- Learn a New LanguageEver wanted to learn a new language but never really fancied venturing too far from the UK? If so, you’re in luck, because Wales still has its own language that you’ll be able to learn throughout your studies (if you’re not already fluent). It might take a while, because you’ll have to get used to reading words where the letter L is often followed by another letter L, but it will be totally worth it.
- Amazing NightlifeCardiff has one of the youngest populations in Europe, which is probably why it’s known for its amazing nightlife. Whether you prefer quiet pubs or lively clubs, there will be something for you. All that money you’re saving on living-costs will have to go somewhere, so we recommend heading out to one of the many student nights on offer here.
Live in the Heart of Cardiff and Never Miss out
With so much going on for students in the Welsh capital, you’ll want to stay close to the action. Take a look at our central-Cardiff student accommodation, where you’ll never have to miss out.