Broadband and WiFi Terms and Conditions
We know Broadband and WiFi is important to you. You need it to be fast, reliable and ready to go when you’re studying. ASK 4 provide our internet service and we want to make sure you know what you’re getting before you arrive. So need some more details the juicy stuff below!
- The wired broadband connection in the building is up to 100MB/s (50MB in Lincoln) this service is included in your rent although there are options to upgrade.
- The base WiFi service is up to 100Mb/s (50MB in Lincoln) and we include that service free of charge as part of our rent. ASK4 don’t offer any upgrades on the WiFi speed.
- ASK4 install pervasive, full site WiFi with coverage in all bedrooms, shared cluster areas, studios, public communal areas and staff areas. External landscaped garden areas, terraces, external bike stores, etc are not covered with a WiFi signal.
- The signal strength of WiFi should be -65dBm to the centre of the room.
- The level of bandwidth is governed by the device which is accessing the WiFi network. The speed achieved will vary, dependent on the device and environmental conditions at the time of connection. For example, an iPhone’s maximum achievable speed might be 40Mb/s, a laptop will most likely be higher.
- We include in your rent the connection of up to 6 devices to the network, but if you need more than that you are then able to purchase 4Connect to add a further 4 devices.
Need any more information? ASK4 have a dedicated support team who can speak to any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Or you can talk to us!