Southampton Student Accommodation
Austen House is conveniently located in Southampton’s city centre. Whether you’re an undergraduate or a postgraduate, we’ve got a room option that will suit you down to the ground (more about that below).
The Southampton Solent University campus is just a 10-minute stroll from our complex, and University of Southampton is a quick bus ride away. Whichever one you’re studying at, Austen House puts you within easy reach.
Extra-curricular fun is right on your doorstep too. The enormous Westquay shopping centre is within walking distance, there are countless great bars and restaurants dotted around the vicinity, and the city’s parks (Palmerston, Houndwell and Hoglands) are a stone’s throw away.
Anyway, here’s some info about Austen House itself.
First of all, you might like to know that Austen House has loads of social spaces. Eleven to be exact:
- Cinema Room | Black out room, projector and squashy seating, what more could you need?
- Reading Room | Looking for somewhere quiet to relax? Our tranquil reading room will be just what you need.
- Gaming Room | With 8 screens, controllers and gaming chairs, the only question is GTA or FIFA?
- Art & Textiles Room | Work benches, easels, sewing machines and cutting desks give you a space to be creative and collaborative.
- Music Room | Lot’s of space for electric instruments and a mixing desk make this the perfect space to jam.
- Photography Room | Lights, backdrops and plenty of space.
- Individual Study Room | Don’t fancy lugging your books to the library? The study room is a perfect alternative.
- Group Study Room | Got a project due? Head to the group study room!
- Common Room | Complete with pool table, TV, and plenty of comfy seating.
- Communal kitchen/bar area| BYOD (drinks!) Complete with oven, kitchen facilities, fridges and a dining area – free bookings available for any celebration!
- Café | Swing by the café area in reception for some complimentary tea and coffee before your morning lectures.
Your Room Options
- An en-suite room in a 4 or 5-bed shared flat – ideal if you want to socialise a lot and make new friends right away
- A standard room in a 2-bed apartment, which would be perfect for sharing with a friend, or if you’d prefer a more chilled-out atmosphere
- A studio, which you’ll have all to yourself!
You’ll get a double bed no matter which option you choose, so you can always get a good night’s rest when you need it (before an exam, after a night out, or whenever).
Included in Your Rent
We take care of virtually everything for you, so you can move in and start enjoying the good life right from the off. Here’s what your rent covers:
- Your water, gas and electricity
- High-speed broadband and Wi-Fi
- Your heating (which is a lifesaver in a coastal city like this!)
- Contents insurance
- 24-hour security
- Access to the on-site laundry facilities (super-convenient)
- Maintenance service
- Post and parcel service
- A weekly kitchen clean for shared flats
Arrange a Viewing
If you’d like to come and have a look at Austen House, please do so – we can arrange a viewing for a day and time that suits you.