Summer Stays at Canal Point, Edinburgh
Whether you're in Edinburgh to study the history, see the fantastic architecture, take in the scenery or have a laugh at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the world's largest arts festival - we have the perfect summer accommodation for you. This capital of Scotland, is also where JK Rowling wrote the majority of the Harry Potter books so you can see her inspiration and sit in the same Cafe, Alohomora!
Our Canal Point student residence is empty during July and August which seems a shame, so we open it up to everyone, offering great value short stay apartments from just £40 per night. The building is located in central Edinburgh, close to the Grassmarket and within a 15-minute walk from Edinburgh Castle. All accommodation at Canal Point has a modern design with turquoise finishes.
22 West Tollcross,
Edinburgh, EH3 9QW
We have 2 room types to choose from;
- En Suite Bedroom
All rooms include a small double bed (4ft), private en suite bathroom and access to a fully equipped shared kitchen and living area. Linen and towels are provided.
- Studio Flat
All rooms include a full double bed, private en suite bathroom and a fully equipped kitchenette. Did we mention, you'll also have great views over the city. Linen and towels are provided.
- High-speed Broadband and WiFi included
- Private en suite bathroom with every room
- Access to the laundry room
- 24/7 on-site staff
- Common room available
- Major bus routes into town and the airport
- A short walk from the tram stop, local supermarkets
- 15-20 minute walk to the historic old town
- Luggage storage available before check in and after check out
- Check-in: Anytime from 3 pm
- Check-out: By 10 am
- Extra beds: No capacity for extra beds
- Cancellation: All rooms are non-refundable
- Smoking: All of our rooms are non-smoking
- Pets: No pets allowed
- Toiletries: Not included
Book Your Room
Rooms are available from Saturday 11th July 2020 until Monday 31st August 2020.
Are you a Language School or organising a summer group of more than 10 people? Click here for details.
Click here to read our Summer Booking Terms and Conditions.
Getting to us From
- Bus number 300 to Semple Street every 20 minutes until 11 pm (between 40-70 minutes depending on the time of day). Walk 2 minutes from Semple Street, £4.50 single
- A taxi would take roughly 20-30 minutes and cost about £25.00
- The Tram, available every 7-10 minutes from 6 am to 11 pm. Walk from West End - Princes Street (£6.00 single)
Edinburgh Waverley Train Station:
- Walk, enjoy a gentle 25-minute walk and take in the sights
- A taxi would take roughly 10-15 minutes and cost between £10.00 and 15.00
Edinburgh Bus Station:
- Bus number 16 to Home Street - £1.70 single
- Multistory on Semple Street operated by Britannia Parking and can pre-reserve a space on their website.